We’re a family-owned business. So it’s natural for everyone who works at Chase Lumber to feel like a member of it. Supporting one another, challenging each other, coming together to get things done. It’s a family. And many of us have been in it for several years, even decades. Perhaps, you’d like to be become a part of it. Because Chase Lumber is a great to place to work.
McFarland and DeForest locations
Chase Lumber is a multi-location family owned lumberyard that has been in business since 1897. We supply quality lumber, tools, cabinetry and hardware supplies for homeowners and contractors. We are currently recruiting for a Driver-Yard/Warehouse Rep to join our team. This position consists of building loads and delivering a variety of products including lumber, roofing, siding, decking, and more to our customers. The Driver-Yard/Warehouse Rep serves as an important part of our customer service team. Job Duties: Primary duties include assisting in building loads, counting, unloading and storing incoming materials and keeping the yard and inventory neat, clean and accounted for. Must be able to read a tape measure and properly handle internal paperwork. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Unload incoming delivery trucks
- Assemble customers loads in accordance with associated paperwork for delivery to job site
- Assist In keeping the yard and inventory In a neat, clean and orderly condition with all lumber and materials neatly stored and assembled.
- Assist in counting, unloading and stacking incoming millwork, doors and windows.
- Service walk-in customers in a pleasant manner • Operate forklift to load, unload and stack materials
- Assist customers while in yard as needed.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations and take prompt corrective action concerning any potential safety hazard.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements: Ability to lift up to 80 pounds. Ability to work in all the various elements of the outdoors. Experience in the construction / lumber field or knowledge of building materials preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and the ability to pass a drug test. Forklift experience required. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as with a team. Good customer service skills. Ability to work more than 40 hours per week when needed. We offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Company Sponsored Health Plan
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Closed Holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee Discount