Careers and Job Openings
We’re a family-owned business. So it’s natural for everyone who works at Chase Lumber to feel like a member of it. Supporting one another, challenging each other, coming together to get things done. It’s a family. And many of us have been in it for several years, even decades. Perhaps, you’d like to be become a part of it. Because Chase Lumber is a great to place to work.
To view our current openings, please select one of the job titles listed below:
McFarland location position available
Chase Lumber is a locally established company since 1897 that cares about providing exceptional service amongst the community. Chase Lumber is a relaxed environment, that is looking for the ideal candidate to be a part of our ever-growing family! With a strong commitment to providing the highest quality material and service, Chase Lumber is seeking an experienced, detailed minded individual to join our team.
The Yardman/Driver will be engaged in loading, unloading, storing, transferring, and distributing materials such as lumber, millwork, sheet rock, insulation, and various other building materials in yard. The Yardman/Driver will be responsible for delivering materials to drive sites, inspecting and maintaining trucks, and being a positive representation of the company while traveling.
- Work with Dispatch or store manager to keep up with the flow of the day, to keep the loads pulled and ready to be put on the trucks as they come back for their next runs.
- Maintain control over and help walk-in or pick-up retail customers and business to business customers.
- Receive and pull orders and credit returns with accuracy.
- Load and unload trucks, bunking materials correctly
- Ability to recognize customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction with materials being loaded and resolving customer problems.
- Be able to perform general organization and housekeeping/landscaping of the yard
- Be able to use power tools and saws safely, make rough cuts
- Ability to communicate effectively to other store personnel, managers, and customers
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow procedures and make them more efficient
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Verifies that incoming materials are inspected, checked for damage, and counted for accuracy.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure the proper stock of materials is maintained, coordinate with and keep Buyer up to date on what materials need to be purchased
- Complete physical up to date inventory of stock merchandise in a regular cycle basis and year-end counts.
- Count and check the quality, quantity, and condition of all incoming and outgoing products.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing deliveries are consistent with purchase orders in quantity and quality prior to accepting delivery or unloading products off trucks or prior to loading trucks to go out for delivery.
- Report shortages and material issues to manager
Safety and Efficiency:
- Maintain and keep the yard safe for customers and employees by following guidelines to make sure forklifts/trucks are maintained and make use of all provided safety equipment.
- Responsible for organized, safe and proper storage of all inventory.
- Responsible for the proper unloading of vendor trucks as well as the safe and orderly storage of products received, such as whether or not windows, doors…etc needs to be hand unloaded or loaded or use forklift to unload or load plywood and lumber
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Ensure the safe and orderly receipt, storage, and delivery of all special items as appropriate.
- Comply with the safety and environmental programs, including DOT, OSHA, EPA and state and city ordinance requirements consistent with storage, handling, and transport of materials.
- Building materials knowledge
- Ability to read and use measuring materials
- Strong time-management skills
- Have an understanding of basic math
- Ability to pass a background check, drug test, MVR, and DOT physical
- Valid Driver’s License, able to drive flatbed, CDL preferred
- Forklift experience, forklift certified will take preference
- Able to lift up to 75lbs frequently, in a consistently safe manner
- May have to help in the other two yards as necessary.
- Other reasonable directives, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Chase Lumber believes that every candidate offers a unique perspective and is looking for the right fit to join this 5th generation owned company. Don’t hesitate on applying, submit your application today!