Careers and Job Openings
We’re a family-owned business. So it’s natural for everyone who works at Chase Lumber to feel like a member of it. Supporting one another, challenging each other, coming together to get things done. It’s a family. And many of us have been in it for several years, even decades. Perhaps, you’d like to be become a part of it. Because Chase Lumber is a great to place to work.
Estimator/ Inside Sales Representative
Chase Lumber is a locally established company since 1897 that cares about providing exceptional service amongst the community. Chase Lumber is a relaxed environment, that is looking for the ideal candidate to be a part of our ever-growing family! With a strong commitment to providing the highest quality material and service, Chase Lumber is seeking an experienced, detailed minded individual to join our team.
The Estimator/ Inside Sales Representative will be a primary point of contact, ensuring customer’s specifications are executed to the highest standard. The role will require reviewing and estimating of plans, proposals, basic mathematical knowledge, and other documentation to be analyzed and communicated on time to meet the customer’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop estimates of materials based on proposals from customers
- Communicates with customers and builders to review estimates and materials, establishing a point of contact and maintaining highly professional customer relationships
- Secure new customer accounts by developing new customer relations, analyzing previous clients, builders, and reviewing rejected proposals
- Estimate the cost for residential and commercial wood roof truss, floor truss and wall panel systems according to company standards and local building code.
- Notifying customers of special orders, delays, unpaid invoices, and various project details
- Complies with all safety and company standards, ensuring the safety of all employees, customers, and others
- Knowledgeable on all products, materials, and services to provide the most accurate information
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and customer to maximize profitability, while also maintaining business relationships
- Assists sales associates with retail store purchases, material lists, and other customer orders
- Assist sales team with blueprint reading and construction procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the branch manager.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2 or more years field related experience in estimating, construction and building materials
- Strong customer services, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations daily
- Able to move items of 25 pounds frequently
- Proficient in PC’s and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s License
Skill and Other Abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding measurements and basic math principles
- Strong computer skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to interpret building plans and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
Chase Lumber believes that every candidate offers a unique perspective and is looking for the right fit to join this 5th generation owned company. Don’t hesitate on applying, submit your application today!
Please download and save our application before filling it out.
Email your downloaded application to firstname.lastname@example.org.