Careers and Job Openings
We’re a family-owned business. So it’s natural for everyone who works at Chase Lumber to feel like a member of it. Supporting one another, challenging each other, coming together to get things done. It’s a family. And many of us have been in it for several years, even decades. Perhaps, you’d like to be become a part of it. Because Chase Lumber is a great to place to work.
Customer Service / Counter Sales Associate
DeForest location position available
Chase Lumber is a locally established company since 1897 that cares about providing exceptional service amongst the community. Chase Lumber is a relaxed environment, that is looking for the ideal candidate to be a part of our ever-growing family! With a strong commitment to providing the highest quality material and service, Chase Lumber is seeking an experienced, detailed minded individual to join our team.
Customer Service / Counter Sales Associate Job Summary: The Customer Service / Counter Sales Associate will be engaged in helping walk in customers with questions, finding products and fulfilling orders; answering and transferring phones; and process store inventory. Help in the yard when necessary with un/loading and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and want to continue learning about the building industry and products.
- If necessary, assist customers with loading their vehicles
- Receive materials and coordinate returns as necessary
- Ability to read and understand invoices, packing slips, shipping, and receiving orders
- Strong communication skills is required in order to coordinate with team members
- Computer skills and general office equipment experience is necessary
- Sales of building materials, windows, doors, mill work to contractors and home owners
- General administrative/clerical work, such as creating and processing inventory transfers and purchase orders, scanning, filing…etc.
- Work with Yardmen, Dispatch, or Store Manager to keep up with the flow of the day
- Acknowledge and maintain control over and help walk-in retail customers and business to business customers
- Be able to perform general organization and housekeeping of the store
- Ability to follow procedures and make them more efficient
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Answer the phones in a timely manner in a friendly, professional voice
- Handling special orders returns
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure the proper stock of materials is maintained, coordinate with and keep Manager up to date on what materials need to be purchased
- Complete physical up to date inventory of stock merchandise in a regular cycle basis and year-end counts
- Count and check the quality, quantity, and condition of all incoming and outgoing products
- Restock shelves as needed
Safety and Efficiency:
- Maintain and keep the store safe for customers and employees by following guidelines
- Responsible for organized, safe and proper storage of inventory
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
- Ensure the safe and orderly receipt, storage, and delivery of all special items as appropriate
- Comply with the safety and environmental programs, including DOT, OSHA, EPA and state and city ordinance requirements consistent with storage, handling, and transport of materials
- Building materials knowledge
- Ability to read and use measuring materials
- Strong time-management skills
- Have an understanding of basic math
- Ability to pass a background check, drug test, MVR, and DOT physical
- Valid Driver’s License, with clean driving record
- Forklift experience will take preference
- Able to lift up to 50lbs, in a consistently safe manner
- Other reasonable directives, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
Chase Lumber believes that every candidate offers a unique perspective and is looking for the right fit to join this 5th generation owned company. Don’t hesitate on applying, submit your application today!